Since 8.5.1 Notes lost its ability to launch URLs in external browser. Anybody knows?
When you receive an URL in an e-mail, it’s often practical to launch it
Fore some reason my Notes client has lost this ability since 8.5.1. I’m now at 8.5.2 and the issue still prevail.
If I turn on the “Use the browser in this client” in the Preferences-dialog box show below, I may launch the URLs in the embedded browser, but only as long as I have Notes active. When I restart Notes, this setting is “forgotton”, and I have to reset it in the dialog box below. How annoying!
Update! I have just checked whether a policy is controlling this setting, and it seems like one is in play. Below you see the Desktop-policy, under the Basic-tab, in the Internet Options;
I’m not sure whether this would wreck the internet launching or not. When I click on an URL I see the area flick once, just as it was trying to launch something, but couldn’t find it. I have also tried to switch between IE and Opera, and make each browser default and retry (meaning quiting Notes completely, and restarting). Unfortunately no success yet.
Posted by null At 13:37:00 On 10.09.2010 | - Website - |
Posted by Bob Balfe At 13:45:19 On 10.09.2010 | - Website - |
@2: I don't think so, let me check
Posted by Robert Ibsen Voith At 15:14:54 On 10.09.2010 | - Website - |
Posted by Alex At 15:40:04 On 10.09.2010 | - Website - |
Posted by Robert Ibsen Voith At 16:29:44 On 10.09.2010 | - Website - |
Posted by Robert Ibsen Voith At 16:56:28 On 07.10.2011 | - Website - |